20.8.13

resto spotlight: my two cents



My Two Cents soul food cafe, is my new fav place on the popular and growing Pico Blvd scene in Mid-city L.A.  This family-owned and operated neighborhood gem is so charming and cozy, people just sit, chat, and never leave.  The food is amazing, and seems to give you a warm hug with each bite.  Not too much, not too little. . . just the right portion.  They offer scrumptious looking (didn't indulge) baked goods and desserts made with the best ingredients.  Open for Breakfast, lunch and dinner, and brunch on Saturday and Sunday. We went for Brunch!   




What Did We Eat. . .


Shrimp and Grits

French Toast w/ Berries & Whiskey Syrup

All served w/ Sweet Potato Hash, Turkey Bacon, and Mini Egg Fritattas

Mint Lemonade

Coffee w/ almond milk




The Shrimp and Grits had just the right spices and richness.  Truly a yummy dish!  The Sweet Potato Hash was a tasty addition.  The husband said the French Toast was really good, but would have liked another piece or two.   He had his heart set on a brioche french toast from here,  but we decided to try this spot.  Next time!  In the end, we had a great experience.  My only compliant would be the wait time. If they get this handled, they will be around for a long time.  I will be back soon for Lunch and Dinner.  Keep you posted! Meanwhile, see what they're saying on Yelp!




Happy Eating!

3 comments:

  1. I will definitely check out this spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have eaten there also. I had a BLT with a Fried Green Tomato PO Boy. It was fabulous. I also had the mint lemonade. My side was a Sweet Potato w/ Pecan something (lol) that was wonderful. The owner and staff were warm and friendly. It was well worth the trip.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...