23.10.12

paper on the wall...

I'm back on my decorating horse.  I have this large wall in the bathroom (see below) that has nothing on it.  I have gone back and forth with whether I should put a mirror or some sort of art there.  Then, I've been playing around with printed wallpaper just on that one wall.  There are so many super cute prints and textured paper out there.  A couple weeks ago I got this email titled "Wild about Wallpaper" from Apartment Therapy.  If you haven't gone on this site, you need to!   You want to renovate, redecorate, or just add a little spice to your home, they have great ideas!   Well, I took this email as a sign that I needed to really explore this further and get me some samples.

The wall...





Here are some of the papers that caught my eye...

C'est Magnifique
 So fitting, but not so sure the husband would approve. Do you?




Woods
I feel like this would add some color as well as a feel of nature.  Might be really soothing. 



plaster  paintable wallpaper

Paintable? Wow!  This is great!  Wallpaper sure has evolved.


Texture and Printed Wallpaper by Schumacher 
Think I'm leaning towards these samples.  I do want a textured paper that feels and looks like there is fabric on the wall.  I really like the green and gold.  Adds that color and richness without overpowering the rest of the bathroom, and it's husband approved!  



What do you think? 





and I'm off and running...
 

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of a big mirror. Helps to open up the space. But the wallpaper is super chic too!! The green is nice and the twigs are also cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. zeke on the west coastOctober 23, 2012 at 8:25 AM

    I think a large mirror is the way to go with a wallpaper frame

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...