1.12.10

It's December!!!

Happy December!  


This is truly my favorite time of the year.  I love the smell of Christmas, dressing up for holiday parties, hanging with family and friends, singing Christmas music in the car, and of course all the great food.  


With Christmas comes traditions. This year I wanted to start a new tradition in addition to our yearly tradition of spending the night at my mom's house on Christmas Eve and wearing our new Christmas pajamas. So, we decided (well, I decided) to make  cookies and mulled apple cider Christmas Eve night.  I thought a sweet potato cookie with roasted pecans would go well with the apple cider.  I might add some dried cranberries.  Out of so many recipes out there,  I chose to do a recipe I found on The Pioneer Women's website.  Check it here!  


Sweet Potato Cookies
YUMMY!!!

As for the apple cider, I found an easy recipe from my favorite food network chef, Ina Garten. Check it here! It is going to be so tasty, and I cannot wait!  


Hot Mulled Cider


Happy Holidays!!!






And I'm off and running...


J.P. Archie

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer, I just finally got the Pioneer Woman cookbook and I'm so excited about it! I think the sweet potato cookie recipe will have to be added to my list...love sweet potatoes!! Happy Holidays!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...