21.8.12

This Fall: Sweaters!

Stefanel Fall 2012 Campaign
green cape sweater
photo credit: harper's bazaar

This Fall, sweaters are stepping up in a big expensive way.   As I was flipping through my magazines and browsing the world wide web, I kept seeing Intarsia sweaters.  Yes, Intarsia!  The term was not familiar to me, so I looked it up.  Well, Intarsia is a form of knitting resembling a mosaic pattern that is visible on both sides of the fabric.  Just think of those terrible Christmas sweaters.  Ha!   I definitely didn't know that type of knit was called Intarsia.  Well, it's surely a classic knit and it's huge for the upcoming season.  They are a bit heavy on the pockets, but I found a few that were a bit lighter.   Intarsia, embellished, or printed;  the sweater is looking real exciting for Fall!   Nothing like a cozy sweater! 


Here are some of my fav cozies...



altuzarra naples sweater



carin webster embroidered sweater





stella mccartney intarsia wool sweater
sonia by sonia rykiel intarsia sweater
dkny rose printed fine knit silk sweater




3.1 phillip lim ka-pow sweater





staring at stars graphic sweater




topshop safari sweater





a couple of vintage ones...


persephone vintage tribal geometric print sweater




80's esprit tropical print sweater





Get cozy this Fall! 






1 comment:

  1. Yeah, these aren't my style, but they are cute and my girlfriend loves them so much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...