6.7.11

Mediterranean Turkey Burgers...

Last night, the hubby and I decided to grill some turkey burgers and corn.  When I got home, I could not think of how I wanted to season my turkey burgers.  So, I asked my dear friend Dyan aka Passion Foodie if she had a good turkey burger recipe.  She quickly told me the ingredients, but I was missing three of the ingredients, and I didn't feel like going to the store. I decided to make a Mediterranean burger using some of the ingredients from my tasty Mediterranean salad.  Now, I don't know how much of each ingredient I used in the recipe.  I just took a chance and eyeballed it. Luckily, they came out very tasty and juicy. The husband loved them and that means a lot! 

Ingredients

1Lb of ground turkey
Small red onion-half
Greek olive mix-about 10 (kalamata and green olives)
Panko bread crumbs-about a 1/2 cup
Feta cheese-about a 1/2 cup
Garlic-3 cloves
Italian Parsley-1 tablespoon chopped
Worchestire sauce- 3 dashes
Kosher salt-1/2 teaspoon
Ground pepper-1/2 teaspoon
Cumin-1/2 teaspoon
Crushed red pepper flakes-1/2 teaspoon

If you have a food processor, blend red onion, olives, italian parsley, and garlic until finely chopped. Add mix to turkey meat  along with the feta cheese, panko bread crumbs, cumin, worchestire sauce, and crushed red pepper flakes. Form into patties and grill!  The measurements are not accurate, but just try it and adjust if you need to. I also wanted to add sun-dried tomatoes, but next time. Garnish with tomatoes and lettuce or whatever you like. You really don't need a lot of toppings.  The burger has enough great taste by itself. Pair with some sweet potato fries, pasta salad, or green salad. Whatever suits your fancy!

You see the feta! Ummm...good!

Baked sweet potato fries sprinkled with kosher salt, parsley, and chili powder
White corn sprinkled with kosher salt, chili powder, and ground pepper


Delish!



And I'm off and running...

J.P. Archie

2 comments:

  1. Look delish and sounds great. Love the addition of feta and you used my favorite method of eyeballing ingredients. Best way to cook :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man that looks good!!!!!!!!

    Jen-Ko

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...