23.4.13

Shrimp and Zucchini Tacos


Sorry for the slightly blurry photo.  I need a new camera! 

I haven't done a recipe post in a while, so I thought I would share this healthy quick meal I whipped up last weekend. I'm a huge fan of Bon Appetit magazine and most of what I make, comes from there.  Last weekend, I was on a taco high, as I had gone to the la taco fest.  So, why not just keep it going with these Shrimp and Zucchini tacos.  Yummo!  They were so darn good and healthy and the husband gave his thumbs up! 

Here's what I did, I slightly tweaked the recipe...


What you need

2 tablespoons of coconut oil, divided
1 large zucchini, halved lengthwise, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch half-moons
1 onion, chopped 
half of a red, yellow, and orange bell pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped 
4 garlic cloves, chopped
kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
corn or flour tortillas
assorted toppings, such as diced avocado, cilantro, and lime wedges


What you do

Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, onion, bell pepper, and garlic.  Cook, stirring often, until softened, 6–8 minutes.  Season with salt and pepper; set aside.

Wipe out skillet; add remaining 1 tbsp. oil.  Heat over medium-high heat.  Add shrimp and chili powder; season with salt and pepper.  Cook, stirring often, until shrimp are cooked through, about 4 minutes.  Serve with warm tortillas and garnishes as desired.






Make it tonight!



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...