7.8.12

Pink Lemonade Bars

What do you get when you blend raspberries and lemons together, then add water?  Pink Lemonade!!!  Well, I came across a recipe for Pink Lemonade Bars (what?) on Smitten Kitchen, one of my favorite food blogs.  I printed it out immediately and decided to make it for a Sunday treat.  The husband went completely wild! lol!




Here's what I did...


lemon zest for the dough




wash the berries gently




pureed the raspberries




strain the berry puree




this is what you will get after straining





the end result after straining





juice the lemons (my orange juicer worked perfectly)





mix the juice with eggs and raspberry puree





add the flour, and it will turn a pale pink






the crust after mixing and baking until the edges brown






raspberry mixture meets the cooled crust, ready to bake





what you do with the leftover raspberry puree





refrigerate and use as a topping over greek yogurt w/ a sprinkle of granola or ice cream





fresh out the oven, time to cool before cutting




cut and ready to eat...super yummy


**recipe adapted from Smitten Kitchen 





refreshing Summer treat!
do you have a favorite Summer treat?





and I'm off and running...




4 comments:

  1. Do you have any left over? IJS....looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing :) I only wish I had time for baking :) I need a vaaction!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. zeke on the west coastAugust 8, 2012 at 12:58 PM

    mAKE YOUR BEST FRIEND SOME PLEASE,tHOSE LOOK SO GOOD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look yummy!! call me when you make the second batch

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...