7.2.12

Food Love: Corn & Black Bean Salsa

In honor of Superbowl Sunday, I thought I would make Corn & Black Bean Salsa. Another yummy recipe from my Cooking to Conceive cookbook. My favorite part of the recipe is the addition of cinnamon. It really gave the salsa a slightly spicy sweet taste. Of course I added two pinches of cayenne pepper for my little kick. 


We had TACOS!!!!

Recipe...


1 cup of corn kernels, cooked (I used fresh)
1 can (15oz) organic black beans, rinsed well and drained
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 small red onion, diced
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 jalapeno chile, seeded and chopped
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2/3 cup prepared fresh tomato salsa
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
 Salt 
 Freshly ground pepper


In a medium bowl, gently mix the corn, beans, red pepper, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, cinnamon, salsa, olive oil, and lime juice until well combined.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Cover and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.  Season to taste with additional lime juice, salt, and pepper, if desired, before serving. 


What I added...
2 pinches of cayenne pepper
1 tsp. of chili powder
2 roma tomatoes, chopped (did not have fresh salsa)
Lots of lime juice and love. 







Fresh and Tasty!







And I'm off and running... 
 J. P. Archie

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...