3.8.11

Slammin' Fish Tacos...

I love fish tacos and have made many many versions of this tasty dish. When I found this recipe in my Bon Appetit magazine, I knew this was it! I always tweak a recipe to make it my own by either substituting or adding a little Jiggy spice.  Although this recipe was pretty spot on with what I've been looking for, I did make a few adjustments. I was missing some ingredients so I had to make do. I didn'do the pico de gallo or the crema. Next time! I paired these tacos with some black beans and special brown rice. 



My adjustments:
*I used my beloved Tilapia instead of Mahi Mahi
*For the topping, I used fresh cilantro instead of shredded cabbage. 
*I didn't have onion powder, so I used dried chives. Hmmm...it worked!
*I also added some Ancho Chili Power (I put this on everything).


Best Brown Rice:
Simmer in...
Low Sodium Chicken Broth-2 cups to 1 cup of brown rice
Cayenne Pepper
Ancho Chili Powder
Garlic Powder
Kosher Salt
Fresh Cilantro at the end




Here is the finish product...


The hubby fixed his like this and I had him do mine the same way.
  Not what I was going to do, but it was sooo good! 


Grilled using my Le Creuset Grill Pan

Our favorite tortillas from TJ's.
They are so tasty and thick.

Topped off the tacos with fresh cilantro and roasted salsa
Those were some darn good fish tacos!



And I'm off and running...

J.P. Archie

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...