19.2.14

The Main Ingredients. . .

With 3 ingredients, I made up this yummy pasta dish.  You will need to add a few other staples, but if you have these 3 things then you can tweak it how ever you want.  One evening,  I had a taste for pesto pasta, but didn't feel like going to the store to buy what I needed to make a homemade pesto.  So,  I reached for my jar of Trader Joe's Basil Pesto sauce which I usually use to dash a bit on my lentil soup.  A little goes a long way!  I always have Cherubs tomatoes and whole wheat linguine in the house, and recently I found the pasta on sale and stocked up.   Glad I did, because we have eaten Tomato Pesto pasta 3 weeks straight.  We love it and can't get enough!  I made it last night!  No meat needed. . .haven't wanted it anyway!  Scroll down for the recipe. . .






Recipe. . .


1 tbsp of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic chopped
1 container of grape tomatoes or Cherubs
1 1/2 tbsp of basil pesto sauce
1/4 cup of white wine or sherry
1/4 cup of pasta water
1 box of whole wheat linguine
1/2 or 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp kosher salt
grated parmesan
flat leaf parsley chopped


Over medium heat, saute the garlic in olive oil.  Add crushed red pepper flakes and kosher salt.  Add tomatoes and wine, then cover.  After the tomatoes have all burst and come to a boil, add pesto sauce and simmer.  While sauce is cooking, prepare the pasta according to the box.  Make sure you salt the water really well.  Once pasta is done, add 1/4 cup of pasta water to sauce and continue to simmer.  Drain pasta, then add hot pasta to the sauce and toss.  Sprinkle with parmesan and parsley.  Done and super easy!






What's your go-to meal during the week?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...