30.4.13

Picnics & Paninis...




This past weekend, I decided to prepare a picnic for the husband's birthday.  I have this really nice picnic basket and never use it.  Since the husband loves activities more than getting a wrapped gift, I thought this would put a huge smile on his face.  I put together the food and he picked up the kite...yes we flew a kite too.  We had the best time!  It was easy to prepare, the weather was great, and the memories are priceless.  Loving Cali! 


Here's a few photos of the day...



baked brie along with grapes, strawberries, and wine. 





grilled chicken panini sandwiches




ingredients:

fresh ciabatta bread or any rustic bread
pesto sauce (used jar from Trader Joe's)
fresh mozzarella sliced
tomato sliced
basil (leave whole)
roasted red/yellow peppers (used jar from Trader Joe's)
chicken breast cut thinly

how to: 

grill chicken in grill pan or outdoor grill
cut bread 
spread each side of the bread with pesto sauce
layer bread with tomato, mozzarella, basil, roasted red/yellow peppers, and grilled chicken 
close up sandwich and press flat using a panini press
enjoy the gooey goodness







after eating we just enjoyed the beach and flew our kite...









good times! 




4 comments:

  1. So cute! And I need that sandwich when I come! Please and Thankyou!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous!! Too bad my hubby's bday already past or I'd be biting you. But there is always a random picnic in the park before it gets too hot.
    Oh, and those sandwiches look scrumptious!!! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone bought me a very very nice panini maker and I didn't know how to really make good paninis. I will now put your recipe above to good use!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...