6.6.11

My Weekend...

Monday is back again! I had a really relaxing weekend. Just stayed home and got some much needed rest. I did get out on Sunday for my book club meeting, which is always a lovely time. We discussed the book Some Girls: My Life In A Harem by Jillian Lauren. It was a quick read, but I got a little bored with it at the end. My next book is going to be The Help. I feel like I am the only one that has not read this book. Hmmm...not for long! 


The ladies toasting @ bookclub
That's me with the red nail polish

Anyway, on to the rest of my weekend...

While home on Saturday, I made my bestie Dyan's (aka Passion Foodie) Mango, Avocado, & Chicken Cobb Salad. You can find the recipe on her blog here. I made a slight adjustment and added some feta cheese. It was so refreshing and tasty. I even made my own dressing with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, and salt/pepper. (Sidenote: Passion Foodie and I had a little convo about homemade salad dressing and how it makes the salad taste so much better than store bought.) So, I was inspired to make my own. Thanks, Dy!  

I am loving the mango and avocado duo. You get the pleasant sweetness of the mango and the buttery taste from the avocado. Oooweee! For dessert, we had some sweet cherries my husband brought home.  We get the best cherries along the PCH on the weekends.  If you ever take a drive down the PCH toward Malibu, look out for the cherry and strawberry signs. They don't disappoint! 



    

Have a lovely week! 




And I'm off and running...

J.P. Archie

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm that salad looks delicious and I wouldn't mind having some of those yummy cherries :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your salad looks yummy! Funny I made this for lunch today & took the extra couple of minutes to make my own dressing..haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks and sounds like you had a scrumptious weekend! Now if I could only finish reading The Help!! Your bookclub will be my motivation!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...