28.7.10

Designer Highlight-Chanel

Happy Hump Day!!!


I was  browsing the Internet reading my blogs as usual and came across the Chanel Fall/Winter 2010 Couture fashion show. It was absolutely amazing to me!  It was held July 6 at the Grand Palais in Paris, France.  The models emerged from a huge pearl attached to the paw of an 8 ton gold lion.  A-ma-zing! Check it here! Oh!  Don't forget to check out the beautiful embellished Chanel cuffs/bracelets the models are wearing.  Did I say this already?  A-ma-zing!!!!






Karl Lagerfield is the face of Chanel and says "his collections often come to him in his dreams"  After watching the show, I can surely see that.  The collection is nothing you would probably wear in your normal life, but it kind of gives you an idea of what silhouettes, colors, and fabrics are hot for fall/winter 2010.  








Based on his collection, I gather that very feminine tweed/herringbone cropped jackets, high waisted to the knee skirts, fifties style long  A-line skirts, and curvy hugging sheath dresses are the trend for the upcoming season. To me these styles are not the most flattering to all shapes, but if you are a classic girl with the body to go along with it, then I say this is right up your alley. 

Here are some of my favorites from the show...




And I'm off and running...

J.P. Archie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...