25.9.12

Church & State

the open kitchen

Last week we celebrated my Dad's birthday at the DTLA French neighborhood gem, Church & State.  I've always wanted to go here, but hadn't got around to it.  It was definitely on my resto list that keeps growing and growing.  My brother suggested it for the bday dinner and I was gamed.   The night was full of family, laughter, awesome food, and great ambiance.  The husband even tried escargot...not me, I wasn't ready for that yet!  I had a glass of Rose' to start, which has become my drink of choice as of late and finished off with a glass of red, merlot/cabernet sauvignon blend called the Bordeaux Superior.  Both, very tasty.   Will be going back here soon.  Great location and the staff was amazing!





what we ate...

sauteed diver scallops


bouillabaisse, pork belly, and steak and frites

yummy chocolate cake from Bottega Louie for the bday boy! 




and our photo shoot...


 I feel like I'm really bright in these photos...lol!


Good times and Good food!




and I'm off and running...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...