27.8.12

My Weekend...


Happy Monday!!

Hope your weekend was great!  Mine was again relaxing, but productive.  Friday, was date night as usual.  We went to see Spike Lee's new joint, Red Hook Summer.  Disappointed that it was not a packed theater, but we definitely enjoyed it and suggest you all check it out!

Ha!

Saturday, we got up early and finally got our condo cleaned and ready for renting.  I was hating it, but we did it.  I like when I get things done that I've really dreaded doing.  After all of that, I went to my usual acupuncture session, then met a close friend for an early dinner at  the newly opened ROFL Cafe (yummy yummy) and cocktails at Post & Beam, both owned by Chef Govind.


pictures of the  clean condo




Mint Julep from Post & Beam



Sunday, was totally dedicated to going through old papers/files and washing my hair (major deal).   When we moved out of our condo, we left a lot of old papers and clothes that we needed to give away.  I found cards from almost every birthday.  Lots of letters from my mom and dad while I was in college.  My mom use to send me care packages and have a list of stuff for me to remember to do and a list of what was in the box.  So sweet!  My Dad sent me articles on whatever he felt was interesting at that moment, financial stuff, and cards from every holiday (Halloween, Easter, Valentines Day, etc.)  I found all of that in my old files.    I found letters from friends in high school and college.  I love how we wrote to each other often, no email.  Wish we still did that more often!  I enjoyed going through it all.  It was hard to throw stuff away, but I definitely kept all of the letters and many cards from my family and close friends.  So many memories and lots of love!

special pile of love




Other pics of the weekend...

yummy green drink from charlie's pantry


greek chicken salad with a side of guacamole


 hairstyles of the weekend
really having fun doing different styles





How was your weekend?

Have a great week! 






and I'm off and running...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...