2.9.11

It's My Birthday!!!!

Today I am 36! Yes, I have no problem disclosing this, but believe me I was not the happiest camper about turning another year older. I do have to wonder how I got here and where did the time go. Yesterday, I was looking in the mirror wondering if anything new appeared on my face or if I looked older.  Well, I didn't see anything new to be worried about, but I did look a bit tired.  Hmmm...that is because I've been getting in the bed past midnight all this week. Not good for a 36 year old. Ha!  So, I will not panic about the bags I saw under my eyes. I will just get more rest. Gotta get more rest!

Anyway, I've done a bit of reflecting this week on my life, the many blessings, and the family/friends that fill my heart and life.  After my reflection, I thought...36 isn't so bad.  I'm thanking God for giving me another year to laugh, love, spend time with my dear family and friends, grace my family/friends with my beautiful smile, nag and take care of my hubby, drive my parents crazy, and continue to write this lovely blog. :) Now, I think that is worth turning 36!

What am I doing for my 36th? Well, we had dinner reservations @ Lucques, but I decided I want to go to the movies, maybe have a slice of pizza, and have my Mom's homemade German Chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream icing. Yum! :) Pretty low key this year! No, fabulous trips planned this year. Maybe the hubby will take me to the L.A. County Fair tomorrow. *wink wink*


What is my wish for this year?


Really wish my Mom still had that jacket!
Where is the jacket, Mom?
This is a photo of my mom and I skipping on the Santa Monica beach. I was like 3 or 4 years old and not a care in the world! This photo means many things for me. The beach signifies abundance, tranquility, and infinite possibilities. Skipping signifies happiness, youth, children, and freedom. My Mom and Dad(since he took the photo) signifies stability and unconditional love.  These are the things that I seek for this new year and the years to come.  Just by writing this I think I'm owning it! 



Happy Birthday to me and many many more! 
Have a fabulous weekend!









And I'm off and running...


J.P. Archie

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I love the way you are embracing life and reelecting!!! Love you much and wish you the most happiness, peace, and abundance a woman can have!!! Happy Birthday Jiggy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIGGY!!!! Great post as you start another blessed year. Embrace it and nurture it. Love you, xoxo
    P.S - lovely pic of you and Momma G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post and love the woman you are becoming. Happy 36th!!!! It's going to be a good year. Love ya!!!

    Jen-Ko

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...