11.7.11

Weekend Recap...

Monday Monday Monday!!! Hope you all had a great weekend.  I started my weekend with a dinner and wine at Vintage Enoteca and then the screening of Beats, Rhymes & Life: The Travels of A Tribe Called Quest(fabulous documentary) on Friday. Vintage Enoteca is a small and quaint wine bar in Hollywood serving up some tasty small plates and great wine and beer. We also made it just in time for happy hour, but only on the food.  Kinda strange, but it worked for us. All the food was half off. Everything was very tasty, and I will definitely be going back. 


Took this photo while waiting for my friend and hubby to arrive.
Love the colors and the name of this florist. 


Vintage Enoteca
Marinated Olives
Could have had my own bowl!

Wild Boar Short Ribs
Deviled Egg w/Anchovy
Not a fan, but the hubby liked it!

Arugula and Caramelized Onion Flatbread
Very good!
We ordered a lot more food than this, but I forgot to take photos. Awww...I know! I was busy eating! 






Then...on Saturday night my bookclub crew did Girls Night Out and it was a major blast.  We started the night off at Fig & Olive for some really fabulous food, cocktails, and girl talk. They specialize in Mediterranean cuisine from the South of France, Italy, and Spain  Let me tell you, this place was the hot spot and the food was great. Loved every minute of it! I think I want to go back for my birthday. We had good times! 



A lovely preserved Olive Tree as well as Rosemary bushes


Rosemary Bread w/ a Trio of Olive Oils

Piscine-Sparkling Wine w/Strawberries
Simple, but very tasty!

Crostini Plate
Mushroom, Crab, Manchego Cheese w/Almond, and Shrimp w/Avocado

Mediterranean Branzino w/ Snow Peas and Fig
Balsamic & Fig Vinegar and Olive Oil
Can I say this was soooo good!


Then ended my weekend with  birthday brunch with my bestie Jen at Culina as we did last year here. Best brunch in L.A. We had good times and did some celebrity stalking. lol! 


Who is this...

Larry Flint in a fly gold wheelchair. 
Majorly stylish! 


Weekends like this are the BEST! 
Have a great week!




And I'm off and running...

J.P. Archie

6 comments:

  1. Good times!!! By the way, I've never seen a pink olive.

    Jen-Ko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen-Ko, we thought the same thing, but it was a piece of garlic and it just turned that color due to the marinade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh it looks like your weekend was pure class and elegance! ;)

    Also, Larry Flynt...just because you can doesn't mean you should. Does the ADA even allow stuntin' on other disabled ppl like that? Tsk, tsk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That anchiove deviled egg was kinda wild. Overall, I did like the foot and the ambiance. I wouldn't mind going back again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant "food" in that last comment. Hopefully, nobody notices. ; )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...