18.5.11

Light & Fresh, Fresh & Light...

Light & Summery is what we had for dinner Monday night!  I've been toting around this Mango, Avocado, and Black Bean salad recipe in my purse for a week, and I finally made it! Lately, I print lots of great healthy recipes from the WHOLEFOODS website for future use, but I was itching to make this salad.  I bought the avocados and the mangoes last week, but they were hard as a rock. I put my avocados in a brown paper bag and let my mangoes sit out.  They were perfect by Monday, so I prepared the salad and grilled tilapia. It was yummy!

First I prepared the salad...click here for full recipe


Pretty Limes!

Little changes I made...

The recipe calls for 2 avocados and 2 mangoes, but I used 4 avocados and 3 mangoes.  It turned out great! You can kinda eyeball it!  Then, used 4 tablespoons of lime juice and I substituted agave nectar for the sugar. A bit more healthier!

Note: Lime juice keeps the avocados from browning and don't forget to rinse and drain your black beans.  

My beautiful salad..




I put the salad in the fridge and prepared my tilapia.  I used 4 pieces of fish. I sprayed each with olive oil spray and seasoned with chili powder, lime juice, ground pepper, kosher salt, garlic powder, and sprinkled with cilantro and red onion.  Made all this up as I went a long!  Just thought of flavors I like together and BAM!  lol!! Had a little fun with it!  I let marinate for 30min, heated up my non-stick grill pan, and then cooked the fish, onions and all.  It was so tasted!  I should have made more! 

See the steam!


Grilled Tilapia and Mango, Avocado, & Black Bean Salad!

Lovely Monday night dinner!




And I'm off and running...

J.P. Archie

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...