2.8.12

Life has been life lately...

Nice, France June 2009
photo credit: jiggyloves

Life has been life lately!  You all know how that is.  Ups and downs, highs and lows, excitement and disappointment...the roller coaster of life.  I feel like I have been running in place for the past two years and not really being fully present.  Yes, I take exciting trips, make great meals, try new restaurants, see great movies,  laugh and smile with my husband, have girl talk, and dream, but how do I feel when I'm doing none of that?  That is what I feel is important.

Basically, how do you feel when you're with yourself and nothing to do?  Are you happy, sad, frustrated, anxious, peaceful?   For me, it depends on the week.   Most of the time I like to go a lot, be out, keeping it moving.  I might sit by myself for a minute or two, but then I'm itching to go.  When Friday hits, I'm always looking at the husband saying  "what are we doing this weekend?" or "where are we going?"  or "we have to do something".  Ha!  Actually, we don't have to do anything, but just be.  Being happy in my own skin and with my own company.  Right?  I'm working on that! :)

Today, I'm on my 18th day of meditation, which I do every morning and evening.  I definitely see a huge change in my priorities and my mood.  I'm not totally there yet, but I feel a change in me.  I've always wanted to meditate, but never followed through.  I decided to take on two tasks; meditation/prayer and going to bed at 10:00pm (orders of my lovely acupuncturist, she really said 9pm).  I've done well with the mediation, but going to bed before 10:30pm has been difficult...the Olympics is on!!! lol!  The sleep thing is a work in progress!

My next tasks are mastering a weekly exercise schedule and cutting my dreadlocks...Yes! I'm done with them and ready for a new look (more on this later).  I think setting one or two tasks or goals at a time is great!  It helps to relieve the stress of having to conquer it all at once.  I've tried that, doesn't work!!!  In the mist of all that, I'm giving God the tasks of blessing me with a career change and a little healthy, cuddly, beautiful or handsome, happy  addition to our family.   No pressure! :)

day at the beach June 2012
photo credit: jiggyloves


Here are two thoughts by Deepak Chopra that stuck with me during my meditation practice...

"Surrendering the needs of the ego to the needs of the spirit" (Very difficult, but very possible with continued awareness)


"The more I love and embrace change, the more my life unfolds easily and effortlessly" 


That's all!


I just wanted to share, maybe even spark a dialogue.  If not, then hopefully I touched one person out there that has been thinking what I've been feeling lately.  Life is tough, but there is so much to be thankful for and so many blessings on the rise.

If you have some words of encouragement or want to share, leave a comment below.  Thanks for reading!




Enjoy yourself today...and check out some food for the soul over at blah blah birds!






and I'm off and running...

13 comments:

  1. Jen,your insightful and so inspirational words touch me deeply and I'm sure they were just on time for someone else reading them. You're on the right track. BELIEVE!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an excellent, poignant, thoughtful post! I appreciate your honesty and truly share in your feelings of life and oh the up and down journey it is. The meditation series has really been uplifting. I'm so glad you inspired me to participate and I can't wait to see the new you unveiled!!! You must truly love the person you are before you can truly receive love-such a great mantra!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love such open and honest posts because life really just "is" sometimes and we can all relate. Sounds like the meditation and thoughtful presence of life are positive steps to receive God's many gifts for you. Thank you for the reminders and inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post and so thought provoking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life has truly been Life! I SO appreciate your transparency. You're Awesome JPA!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. zeke on the left coastAugust 2, 2012 at 9:05 AM

    I see you five days a week,what you are doing is working,You post is very uplifting for me and your sibling.I will keep this post in my heart forever.The world should pause and listen to their HEART BEAT. Can you hear it.If you can,t be still and listen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenni...after reading this I wanted to get in the car, find you, and give you a hug, but it was too, too, early (LOL). I think you are on the right track...slow down, but always remember to be you.
    It's funny that you would write this today, because last night I came up with the name for my new blog (if I can figure out how to get started)...it's going to be called "Living Life..."

    ReplyDelete
  8. My personal favorite...the Serenity Prayer:

    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know
    the difference.

    Keep pushin' Jen! I agree with mom, you're on the right track.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jiggy! I have known you for a long time and I have truly enjoyed watching your transformation into the wise, reflective and amazing woman you've become. Continue to love the skin you're in. It's a beautiful place to be, made especially by God just for you. Continued prayers that you will stay focused on your goals and that God will bless you with all your heart's desire.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for the kind words and words of encouragement! Glad to share with all of you. I truly appreciate the love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jennifer, I've always liked this picture of you. I think that your most beautiful pictures are the candid photos. Oh, and very nice picture of PV. It looks like we were in Hawaii that day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this post JPA!! I am going to get back to meditating!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've read this post a few times since you've posted it. It's wonderful. Spoke to me. It has truly been a blessing getting to know all the ladies of our book club and for all of them and you included I cannot wait to see what wonderful things this life has in store.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...