21.11.11

Yummy & Cozy...

Happy Monday!  


Hope your weekend was fabulous, and you stayed warm and cozy.  It was raining here in L.A. yesterday, and I loved it!  Very wet, but it made me want a little comfort food.  Something warm and hearty!  So, I did a search for Chicken Stew. Found a great and healthy recipe here by Giada De Laurentiis.  It was very easy and quick.  I made corn bread to sit along side it, and we had a yummy Sunday dinner while the hubby studied and I watched the AMA's(American Music Awards). Great end to a relaxing weekend! 


My Chicken Stew with Potatoes


I did add a few things to the recipe just to spice it up! 


4 cloves of Garlic(love garlic)
2 small potatoes chopped(added after the veggies saute a bit)
1 teaspoon of red chili flakes
A bit of sherry to break up the brown bits after I browned the chicken. Recipe does not call for browning the chicken breast, but I seasoned it with salt and pepper and browned on each side to add a little more flavor. Glad I did! What I love about this stew is that you can make it your own and add whatever you want. 


Love the vibrant colors in the stew!



Yummy and cozy!











And I'm off and running... 
J. P. Archie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...